1. Loft965.com picked you as an “Artist to look forward to in 2011.” How do you feel about that and what do you think this year holds for you?
I am so honoured that Loft965.com have picked me as a ‘one to watch for 2011′. It’s a huge confidence boost to know that you believe in what I’m doing. This year will be filled with writing, designing shows, making videos and hopefully a headline tour of my own.
2. We love “Strangest Thing” and “Ain’t Nobody.” What will be your next single?
My next single is ‘The Last Dance’. It’s available in the U.S. on the 22nd of February on iTunes. The video is on youtube now, check it out, I love it!
3. Your single “Last Dance” was written after the death of Michael Jackson. Were you fan of the legendary King Of Pop and how did you feel upon hearing the news?
It was triggered by his death but there were also many things happening in my life at the time that influenced the song. I was a huge Michael Jackson fan and I was devastated when he passed. I thought it was distasteful when I read mean comments about him online, so my anger triggered the need to write the song, I went into the studio and that was it.
4. Your debut album, Light After Dark, is coming out on February 28th. How would you describe it and what sound can we expect?
I would describe it as ‘big, emotive, honest epic pop.’
5. We love quotes, what is your favorite quote or motto?
One of my favourite quotes is ‘imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.’ Marilyn Monroe.