These are sad days for disco. The only worse thing that could happen right now is if something unexpected occurred to Gloria Gaynor, may she live a long life. Donna Summer’s passed, now we hear of one third of the Bee Gees Robin Gibb’s death. That trio produced more disco hits than any other band of their time. Sad news.
- In Memoriam Robin Gibb (zoliblog.com)
- Rest in peace Robin Gibb. You will be missed. (kenarah.wordpress.com)
- Robin Gibb, RIP (brooklynvegan.com)
- Bee Gees Robin Gibb Dies At 62 (thebuzzcincy.com)
- Robin Gibb Has Passed Away (dlisted.com)
- Bee Gees’ Robin Gibb Dead At 62 (businessinsider.com)
- Bee Gee Robin Gibb dies at 62 (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- Robin Gibb: Friends and Fans Mourn Disco Legend on Twitter (hollywood.com)
- Goodbye to Robin Gibb. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Robin Gibb Has Passed Away. (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)
Sam Sparro keeps surprising us with all his new releases. This new track “Happiness” brings back disco and revamps it for modern times. Most of us feel that the disco era was not given justice to run its course before it was deemed “unpopular” by the hipsters of the time. Still, count on a gay boy to bring it back unabashedly and expand on it. Here, you get a full on dance hit that is a natural continuation of “Pink Cloud.” It is brawny in sound and will make your feet happy. If Sam Sparro is meddling in this genre on his 2012 album, Return To Paradise, will be the one to watch.
One of our favorite songs of the year that we discovered back in early January 2011 has gotten the video treatment an it’s equally as lovely. Her imagery is fun yet has a point.