It seems the controversial video was released long enough for people to rip it and upload it again. This is the video everyone is talking about. While the song is not really that fabulous, “Looking Hot” might get more attention because of this mini-debacle.
As for our opinion on the issue, we don’t see anything here that is not portrayed in many Western films. After all, it is an act and it is telling a story of sorts even when the lyrics have nothing to do with the tracks. Although we are a little on the icky side now that they have (briefly) endorsed hate monger Ron Paul. Continue reading
Apparently, No Doubt have debuted their new video for “Looking Hot” and managed to delve into “hot” water right away. Gwen Stefani and Co. apparently offended many Native Americans with their imagery and storyline, allegedly. After a couple of comments landed on the YouTube page of the video, the treatment itself disappeared by the management. We didn’t get the chance to see the video but we are curious as to why it was taken off. What kind of imagery was deemed too racist or insensitive? All we see from these stills are teepees and feathered headdresses.
No Doubt (or Gwen Stefani’s decision not to do anymore solo tour, therefore we have to be subjected to a band wit her band) are back. The fiery foursome that made is big in the nineties are back with a full album and its sounds just like the rest of their stuff. The album is called Push And Shove and has leaked onto the internet in full glory.
- No Doubt’s ‘Push and Shove’ – Listen Now! (justjared.com)
- No Doubt Can’t “Settle Down” In First Single From “Push And Shove” (mix965houston.cbslocal.com)
- No Doubt Can’t “Settle Down” In First Single From “Push And Shove” (kluc.cbslocal.com)
- Gwen Stefani: Despite what people think, No Doubt never split up (thesun.co.uk)
- No Doubt Preview Their New Album Online (noise11.com)
- No Doubt Unveil Push And Shove Track List (mtv.com)
- No Doubt: “Push And Shove” Is A Hodgepodge Of Styles & That’s Just The Way They Like It (amp.cbslocal.com)
- No Doubt Can’t “Settle Down” In First Single From “Push And Shove” (mix1065fm.cbslocal.com)
- Don’t Push And Shove! You Can Listen To The Title Track From No Doubt’s New Album HERE! (perezhilton.com)
No Doubt’s eagerly anticipated return kicks off with the release of “Settle Down” on September 17th. The song starts off with some Arabic beats! The single is a party-ready anthem that is classic No Doubt. The video was directed by Sophie Miller, who was behind iconic “Don’t Speak’”and “Underneath It All” videos.
The band formed in 1986 in Anaheim, California and No Doubt haven’t stopped still since. With five albums and over 45 million sales worldwide, they have notched up 10 Grammy nominations, winning twice [Best Pop Performance 2001 /2005]. Even during their hiatus, band-members Gwen Stefani, Tony Kanal, Tom Dumont and Adrian Young were busy with marriage, kids [the band have eight between them] and working on individual projects. Adrian drummed for Maroon 5, Tony and Tom focused on producing, while Gwen had two hit albums and a fashion line. Before the band started work on their album they regrouped for 57-date arena tour of the US in 2009.
Click below to listen to a snippet of the track! Continue reading