We are very proud to announce a new post series. This will be a series of exclusive one-of-a-kind interviews with artists we feature on Loft965.com. Shontelle rose to fame with her radio-friendly hit “T-Shirt” and is now ready to wow the world with her second album. We had a little electronic chat with her and this is how it went.
1. Loft965.com loved “Battle Cry” and we can’t wait for the new material. What can we expect of the new album, when will it be released and what is the title?
“Thank you! That song means so much to me because it so Motivational. My new album will be released in Spring 2010 and is titled “No Gravity” (also an track title written by me).”
2. Your new single “Licky (Under The Covers)” samples “Licky” by Larry Tee. Were you fan of that song and what was the inspiration behind incorporating it into the track?
“LOL! I was a huge fan of the funny, naughty little video for the original on Youtube. A track was sent to me by DJ Frank E without verses but the hook using the Larry Tee sample was in and the beat was so dope I wished I could walk into a club and hear it that same night! We called up Sean Garrett and he added the craziest verses and I jumped on it right away.”
3. What is your favorite color and why?
“Yellow. It’s the most vibrant and friendly color in IMO. It reminds me of the sun and my favorite flower, the yellow rose. I’m from Barbados where it’s always golden and sunny so maybe that has something to do with it?”
4. Yes, your music is also heavily-influenced by Barbados. If you had to describe the new album, No Gravity, in five words, what would they be?
“Improved. Sexy. Inspirational. Cathartic. Fun.”
5. We love quotes, what is your favorite quote?
“Keep moving forward” – Walt Disney
Shontelle’s second album No Gravity comes out on April 16th, 2010.
Click here to purchase Shontelle’s music.
Click here to follow Shontelle on Twitter.