Tori has announced the release of her brand new album, Unrepentant Geraldines, in spring 2014.
This will be Tori?s 14th studio album which will be supported by an extensive world tour starting May 7th, 2014 in Dublin and heading across Europe including shows at London?s Royal Albert Hall and dates in Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Moscow, Warsaw and other major cities. Dates in the US and the rest of the world will follow later in 2014 and will be confirmed soon.
We are so excited for this! We can’t wait! Note that many of the shows go on sale this week!
- A Temporary Dive – Ane Brun / Token Sad Song: “To Let Myself Go” / Somber Lyric: “To let myself go / to let myself flow / is the only way of being / there’s no use telling me / there’s no use taking a step back from me.”
- Blame It One Me – Alana Davis / Token Sad Song: “Free” / Somber Lyric: “But I guess your heart was free / free to take the best part of me / and leave a whole where my heart should be / where it used to be.”
- Colour The Small One – Sia / Token Sad Song: “Don’t Bring Me Down” / Somber Lyric: “I’m going down / going down the drain / don’t bring me down / I beg you.”
- Let It Rain – Tracy Chapman /Token Sad Song: “Happy” / Somber Lyric: “Should be happy to be loved / Happy to be /With someone who knows / And understands me / I think you’re the one / Everyone agrees / But some can touch the hand of love / And pull away in disbelief.”
- Tidal – Fiona Apple / Token Sad Song: “Never Is A Promise” / Somber Lyric: “You’ll say you understand / but you don’t understand / You’ll say you’d never give up seeing eye-to-eye / But never is a promise, and you can’t afford to lie.”
- Blue – Joni Mitchell / Token Sad Song: “Blue” / Somber Lyric: “Hey Blue / here is a song for you / Ink on a pin / Underneath the skin / An empty space to fill in.”
- Not A Pretty Girl – Ani DiFranco / Token Sad Song: “This Bouquet” / Somber Lyric: “If it weren’t for my brain I’d go over and make friends / too bad about my brain ’cause I’d like to make friends /see the little song bird unable to make a sound / even though she follows her words from town to town /we both have gardens of songs and maybe its okay / that I am speechless because I picked you this bouquet.”
- Solace – Sarah McLachlan / Token Sad Song: “The Path Of Thorns (Terms)” / Somber Lyric: “Just let me ask of you one small thing / As we have shared so many tears / With fervor our dreams we planned a whole life long / Now are scattered on the wind.”
- Colour Green – Sibylle Baier / Token Sad Song: “The End” / Somber Lyric: “Time is over where we could simply say I love you / now you opened the door / leave me crying / trying to embrace you again
trying to face this damn situation man / I can’t / It’s the end, sweet friend of mine.”
- Lost Where I Belong – Andreya Triana / Token Sad Song: “Somewhere In The Silence” / Somber Lyric: “A part of you, it doesn’t feel right / But then the other, I hold on too tight / One step I see it could get ugly / Two steps ignoring the signs / But it’s up to you”
- Back To Black – Amy Winehouse / Token Sad Song: “Love Is A Losing Game” / Somber Lyric: “For you I was a flame / Love is a losing game / Five story fire as you came / Love is a losing game / One I wish I never played / Oh what a mess we made / And now the final frame /Love is a losing game / Though I battle blind / Love is a fate resigned / Memories mar my mind.”
- Parallelograms – Linda Perhacs / Token Sad Song: “Hey, Who Really Cares” / Somber Lyrics: “Been coming down for a long time / Changes coming down on me / Can’t seem to carry ‘em all now / Been wishing there was someone else I could be”
- In The Red – Tina Dico / Token Sad Song: “Long Goodbye” / Somber Lyric: “With the sky up above and the warm summer wind / I am watching it change every day / Our worlds rearrange.”
- Little Earthquakes – Tori Amos / Token Sad Song: “Winter” / Somber Lyric: ”When you gonna make up your mind / When you gonna love you as much as I do / When you gonna make up your mind / Cause things are gonna change so fast / All the white horses are still in bed / I tell you that I’ll always want you near / You say that things change my dear.”
- 101 – Keren Ann / Token Sad Song: “All The Beautiful Girls” / Somber Lyric: “If they I leave you alone with your misery / Deep in the fire of your fame / You?ll be begging them me blind / Give me love, give me love / Of every kind.”
“Tonight was the first night of previews ? the world premiere, as it were, though some might reserve that phrase for the press night on October 9th ? for The Light Princess, the new musical penned by the creative team of Samuel Adamson and Tori Amos for The National Theatre in London.
Congratulations to them, the cast, musicians, crew,and everyone working behind the scenes for making the show a reality!
While press reviews won?t appear for some time to come (well, probably), the early accolades on the Internet are very positive! Dip your toes in the Twitter stream of Light Princess love to get a taste of what people are saying. And, lest we forget, Facebook has hashtags now too and, shockingly, some people are even using them! Check it, though you?ll only see public posts and anything from your friends.
Wow! Tori Amos is not back, but she has given us this little collaboration. It reminds us of Tori back in the day when she used to put more time into the production of her tracks. The song is strong and her vocals are on point, but, to be fair, Tori’s vocals have always been up to par. Still, it’s good to hear more of a rock sound coming from one of a favorite artists of all time. We wish she put out more of this sound! Click below to listen to the collaboration. Continue reading