There is so much to say for 90s’ Soul and R&B music, especially in an era when its biggest stars are struggling to get their music across. Somewhere is the beginning of the 00s’, many of those artists forgot that the genre is more about the melody and less about the glam, overproduction or hip hop collaborations. It is only until now that these artists realized that the essence of R&B is in the swaying melody and the heartfelt lyrics.
Here Brandy channels exactly that nostalgic niche. The song is not all glitter and no gold. It’s a sultry tune with a great melody on its chorus and a direct lyrical message with an optimistic tone, but also that of a long struggle coming to a halt at the return of love. It’s a simple soul song with all the love in the world. The kind of track that took Brandy from Thea to Moesha.
Brandy is back with a vengeance “Wildest Dreams” is the second single off of her album Two Eleven. It’s a throwback to good old 90s’ R&B but with timely arrangement. The video for it is fun and dancey. However, the real sparkle here is in the chorus of the song. Let’s hope theres more in store. Continue reading
This has got to be one of the albums we are waiting for the most this year. Two Eleven has been a long time coming. For the sounds of this badly-constructed sampler, there are some solid beats on there. We simply can’t wait for it!
- Buy This – Eleven Eleven ‘The Late Summer Sampler’ (7billionpeople.net)
- Brandy Norwood’s Most Anticipated Release Yet – Two Eleven! (allabouttheworldmusic.wordpress.com)
- Brandy Reveals Cover Art, Announces “Two Eleven” Release Date (v103.cbslocal.com)
- Brandy Wants to Bring R&B Back With New Album (rollingstone.com)
- Brandy’s ‘Put It Down’ Marks Big Return To Billboard Charts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Brandy – Let Me Go (dajaz1.com)
- Sean Garrett Praises Brandy’s ‘Two Eleven’ LP, Hates ‘Our Generation’ (theboombox.com)
- Let Me Go-Brandy (craniumfitteds.com)
- Bat For Lashes – “A Wall,” “Oh Yeah” & “Winter Fields” (stereogum.com)